Monday, September 26, 2011

Easy DIY Doggy Bed

Doggy beds/cushions can be pricey. But why?? They're essentially just over sized pillows. I just had a great idea, so I gave it a shot and it worked!

No sewing, or experience needed. Best of all, it may just take you longer to gather the items than it does to make it.


What you will need: Old sheets or blankets, twine, rope or yarn
  • Take an old sheet or blanket (the thinner the better) and spread it out on the floor. 
  • Take another sheet or blanket (in my case, I used an old high school jacket that I'll never wear again, can't sell and don't have the heart to donate) and arrange in the middle of the spread out blanket.
  • Cut about a 2 footlong piece of twine
  • Fold one side of the spread out sheet over the item (in my case the jacket) to meet with the other side.
  • Gather it all up, as if you're going to make a sort of sack, and tie all the ends up with the twine.
Voila! Now you have a doggy bed that didn't cost you a dime!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment